Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dinner


I really want Tex Mex for dinner... Tortillas with spinach, beans, rice and eggs sounds perfect right now.

And I found this delicious tortilla recipe that I want to try out...




Flour Tortillas Makes 12

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup lard, or vegetable shortening

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

3/4 cup warm milk, or water


Instructions:

Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer.

Add the lard and mix until it is well combined and the mixture looks grainy.

Add the warm milk and mix until a smooth ball of dough forms, about 5 minutes.

Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll the pieces into balls.

Cover and let rest 30 minutes.

Once rested, roll the balls of dough into 6 to 7 tortillas.

Cook on a griddle, or in a heavy pan, over medium heat until golden brown and puffy.


From The Fresh Loaf

No comments:

Post a Comment