Saturday, August 1, 2009

Salmon with a Balsamic Glaze, Saffron Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach

Salmon with a Balsamic Glaze, Saffron Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach

IMG_6422a








SERVES 2

Ingredients:

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup water,
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed plus
2 salmon fillets, skin on (center cut)
salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil






Preparation:
(I always want to type H after that)

1. Stir together balsamic vinegar, water, lemon juice,
and brown sugar in a small bowl.
2. Pat salmon dry and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium high heat,
not smoking. Increase heat to high, add salmon skin side up,
and sear until well browned, about 4 minutes. (I like my salmon fairly rare)
4. Turn fish over and sear until just cooked through,
3 to 4 minutes more.
5. Transfer salmon to plates and carefully
add vinegar mixture to skillet (liquid will bubble vigorously and steam).
6. Simmer, stirring, until thickened and reduced to about 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes.
(I think it takes a little longer than two minutes, just keep an eye on it, you'll know)
(I also made the glaze in a separate pan, am glad I did)
7. Spoon glaze over salmon.
8. Serve, eat,and finish with an ice cream bar.


IMG_6420a












http://kathleenjbade.blogspot.com/2009/07/salmon-with-balsamic-glaze-for-two.html

No comments:

Post a Comment